So are you ready to ‘experience the experience’? Because you will quite often hear it from us digital agencies: We have to get the brand-, product- and service-experience right. The ‘customer experience’ and its special subset, the ‘digital customer experience’. Plus the one you might be more familiar with, the ‘user experience’. These three ‘experiences’ have spawned popular new job titles. They are combinations of ‘user interface’ (UI), ‘user experience’ (UX) or ‘customer experience (CX) with an appendix of -designer, -architect, -strategist or -developer. Apart from job titles, this experience work is also producing new deliverables like ‘experience maps’. Below you see a simplified example we created, describing the sometimes emotional roller coaster customers go through when buying into a brand and product.
Other examples of our digitally enhanced experience work is our The Most Powerful Arm –
or AustralianOpen’s Social Shack.
It’s interesting to look at how agencies and digital product companies describe this ‘experience’ offering in their own marketing. Our own Reactive site throws back no less than 548 search results when you look for ‘experience’. Have a read of what other firms use to describe very similar things:
- DT Digital – “We create Customer Experiences that connect brands with people.”
- Razorfish AU – “The Digital Experience Marketing Agency” with their international unit of “Emerging Experiences“
- Nurun – “We apply human-centered design to help businesses thrive in a connected world”
- Huge – “We create experiences that transform brands, grow businesses and make people’s lives better”
- Grow – “Grow is a digital agency with a passion for big ideas, little details, and a better approach to creating world-class interactive experiences”
- Method – “We design integrated brand, product and service experiences”
- MercerBell – “We’re a Customer Experience Agency”
- eConsultancy– “Customer experience is the single most exciting opportunity for 2014”
- Adobe – “Measure and optimize digital experiences to accelerate marketing performance”
- Sitecore – “Sitecore is a platform for driving one-on-one engagement at every touchpoint. Know every customer. Own every experience.”
But don’t forget to get in touch with us at Reactive first, after all, 548 ‘Experience’ search results don’t lie.
Spending a week in our Reactive New York office was crowned last night by winning a Gold at the IAB Mixx Awards. With me was Emad, Director of Creative Technology at Finch, a long time collaborator and mate.
Here is the IAB’s award page:
Next highlight here in New York will be our Reactive night out on Thursday. It will be held at co-working space AlleyNYC near Times Square and features Farrah Bostic, my colleague Carl and yours truly. If you are in New York please drop in and say hi: